We invest in our Nurses!
Comprehensive transition-to-practice experience for Registered Nurses with:
- Little-to-no acute care nursing experience
- Out of acute care nursing practice for 3 years or more
Our Transition to Acute Care RN Program provides RNs interested in refreshing and refocusing their nursing career into acute care additional education, orientation time, and support to help them succeed as an ACU nurse. Clinical experiences paired with didactic education and simulation will prepare and nurture RNs looking to either enter the acute care setting for the first time, or return after an extended absence.
As you decide where to begin or re-start your career in acute care nursing, select an organization that has made a commitment to invest in its most valuable resource – its nurses!
What can you expect from our program?
Transition or restart your career in acute care nursing.
Transition to Acute Care (TAC) RNs practice under the direct, 1:1 supervision of an experienced nurse preceptor to receive mentorship, support, and training.
Nurse educators support the growth and development of our TAC RNs during the first six months of employment.
The length of each orientation with a preceptor will vary based on the evaluation of past work experience. Ensuring our TAC RNs feel confident in their practice.
MOST NEW Transition to Acute Care (TAC) RNs CAN EXPECT:
- 72-80 hours per two-week pay period
- 12-hour shifts
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Commitment to Jefferson Healthcare for two years after the completion of orientation
WHY CHOOSE AN TRANSITION TO ACUTE CARE RN PROGRAM AT A CRITICAL ACCESS HOSPITAL?
- Nurse educators and department directors provide individualized attention and support for our TAC RNs. The culture within our critical access hospital focuses on teamwork, kindness, and a commitment to the highest standards of care for our patients. As part of a small community, our neighbors are our patients; this creates an authentic connection and makes work meaningful.
- Professional development:
- Opportunities to cross-train and develop skills in other departments (Medical-Surgical/ICU/ED/FBC)
- Additional pay after obtaining certification in a specialty
- Additional pay after obtaining BSN
- Paid education hours per contact
- Individual support from educators
- Generous benefits
- Work-life balance
Reach out to our Nurse Educator Team if you have specific questions about this amazing program.
Our greatest assets are the more than 800 employees who make Jefferson Healthcare the first choice for healthcare in Jefferson County. We recognize the tremendous value of our employees through competitive pay and a unique package of flexible employee benefits. Our generous benefits package is rated the top 1% in the state of Washington! All regular full-time & part-time employees are eligible to be covered and benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
It is the policy of Jefferson Healthcare to ensure equal opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Washington State Governor, Jay Inslee, has issued a Proclamation requiring health care workers across the state to be vaccinated for COVID-19, with limited exceptions. Jefferson Healthcare (JH) will follow the Governor’s proclamation on mandatory vaccinations and will require vaccines for all employees, students, and volunteers who work for JH. The deadline to become fully vaccinated or obtain an approved accommodation is October 18, 2021. Please see the full list of vaccinations HERE and please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
View Our Career Opportunities
Learn more about Jefferson Healthcare
For the new employees
General questions or online application assistance: email@example.com
Provider opportunities: Provider Recruiter, Jessie Michaels, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership opportunities: Executive Recruiter, Caitlin Kura email@example.com