Jefferson Healthcare Policies
Except as otherwise provided above, everything on this website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Jefferson Healthcare makes no warranties or representations regarding the information contained on this website, and specifically disclaims any warranty as to the suitability, reliability, timeliness or accuracy of the information contained on this website for any purpose. Jefferson Healthcare does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes such materials available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Jefferson Healthcare does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not Jefferson Healthcare) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
In an effort to better serve our patients by providing coordinated care within the health care system, Jefferson Healthcare has implemented a centralized documentation and management system. The system incorporates all of Jefferson Healthcare’s affiliated sites and practitioners. Members of your health care team have online access to your health information on a need-to-know basis. The goal of this collaborative project is to improve care for patients by using a central system to facilitate communication, synchronize care, and decrease potential sources of error. Information includes physicians’ office and hospital visits, nursing notes, lab and radiology results, and scheduling and billing information.
Medical records are maintained for all individuals seen in the hospital as inpatients, outpatients, and Emergency Room patients. For adults, records are maintained for 10 years beyond the last contact with the hospital. In the case of minors, records are maintained three years beyond the age of majority. To request copies of your records, please fill out and return the Jefferson Healthcare Authorization to Release Information form. You will need to fill out the authorization completely. Please make sure that you provide us with the following information:
- Unique patient identifiers (name and birth date)
- The name of the provider or organization authorized to make the disclosure (Jefferson General Hospital or a Jefferson Healthcare physician)
- The name of the person or organization to whom we are to release information
- A description of the specific information to be released
- A description of the purpose or need for information
- The signature of the individual (patient or legally authorized representative) and the date. If the signature is that of someone other than the patient, we will require specific documentation of that person’s right to consent, such as guardianship papers or documentation of status as executor of patient estate.
Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments directed toward another individual author or content creator
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations and programs not related to, approved by, or affiliated with Jefferson Healthcare)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments.
- Comments that violate the privacy of patients and their families.
The opinions and or views expressed on Jefferson Healthcare’s social media sites represent the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not those necessarily of JH or officers, employees, research staff, medical staff or members of its respective board of commissioners. You shall hold harmless Jefferson Healthcare and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, and agents from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a social media site, any third party claims of infringement, or any breach of this Policy. As a guest posting content to any social media site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws. Jefferson Healthcare does not endorse any product, service, views, or content displayed on its social media sites. You may not provide any content to a social media site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law. As with all Jefferson Healthcare policies, this policy is subject to revision. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the terms of this policy. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.
360.385.2200, ext. 2235
360.385.2200, ext. 3315
contact ethics consultation services
for more information on physician order for life sustaining treatment, call: