In 2017, Jefferson Healthcare received a grant from the WA Department of Health to evaluate the role of hospitals in housing. Jefferson Healthcare will be partnering with OlyCAP and others to implement a housing pilot for our most vulnerable patients.
Jefferson Healthcare is committed to providing healthy food to our patients, staff and the broader community. This portfolio is specifically looking to address food insecurity in Jefferson County, which effects over 4,000 people in our community.
Social isolation, or being lonely, has significant impacts on health, including an increased risk for chronic diseases, poor mental health, hospital readmissions and other negative outcomes. This portfolio is exploring the feasibility of an inter generational program for adults and children to address social isolation in our community.
- Characterize population needs
- Implement programs that address the social and economic factors that influence health
- Support clinical gap closure
- Coordinate community-wide projects
- Promote a data-driven culture
Healthcare in the United States is undergoing a cultural shift.
- Prevention becomes the driving force in healthcare
- Investment in early interventions including social determinants of health
- Quality scores
- Data investments
- Quality in population health management