Advance care planning elements and documents include durable powers of attorney for health care, living wills, Physician Order for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST), and financial powers of attorney.
– Who do I want and trust to make medical and financial decisions for me if I am unable?
– Do I want to be kept comfortable at home or in a hospital at the end of my life?
– Do I want CPR, a breathing tube, feeding through a tube, dialysis, or antibiotics?
– How do I envision my last days? What would be ideal?
– How will my family/friends/loved ones know what I want?
UNDERSTAND WHAT IT ALL MEANS IN AN EDUCATIONAL OVERVIEW:
Tuesday, January 17th, 3:00-4:00 pm at the Port Ludlow Bay Club at 120 Spinnaker Place, Port Ludlow. Please pre-register to protect capacity and public health guidelines.
Presented by Activities, Health & Fitness Committees of South Bay Community Association, and Jefferson Healthcare