Our Volunteers Make a Difference!
Do something great in your life, become a volunteer. Volunteers accomplish many great things by taking one small step at a time. Our dedicated volunteers help Jefferson Healthcare fulfill its mission of service to the community. In addition to providing support to staff members, volunteers also offer an extra dimension of care and service to patients, their families, and visitors. Some volunteers are considering a career in health care. Volunteering helps them learn more about what it is like to work in this field. The time they spend volunteering also can make them eligible to apply for Jefferson Healthcare Auxiliary scholarships. Every effort is made to match a volunteer’s skills and interests with his or her assignment so the volunteer experience will be meaningful. We invite you to join the Jefferson Healthcare team as a volunteer. Together, we can make our community a better place to live.
Requirements to Volunteer
- Be 18 years of age or older
- If under 18 the volunteer must be working on a senior project
- Undergo an intake interview
- Complete an application packet
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide two references
- Successfully complete confidentiality training and sign a confidentiality agreement
- Complete a basic safety orientation
- Successfully complete medical clearances, including two-step TB testing; titer checks for rubella, rubeola, and hepatitis B; and a drug screen
- Demonstrate an ability to perform required job functions