Our Volunteers Make a Difference!
COVID-19 has paused our volunteer opportunities within the hospital and we hope to bring back our volunteers soon. Please check back regularly for changes.
New Volunteer Opportunities
As we continue to vaccinate our community against COVID-19, we need staff for this new service line. We are looking for COVID Vaccinators and Vaccination Assistants and we have opportunities for both paid, temporary employment (20-40 hr/week) and volunteers (minimum 5 hours/week, for 6-8 months). Current volunteers are eligible and we’d love to have you join us if you want to help!
- COVID Vaccinators must be a provider authorized to administer the COVID vaccine per the DOH (MD, DO, PA, ARNP, RN, LPN, MA, Dentist, Pharmacist, EMS, Vet):
- COVID Vaccination Assistants can be anyone with a HS diploma who can meet the physical demands of the position:
Full descriptions for both positions can be found on our Healthcare Careers page. Please fill out an application if you are interested in either opportunity (for both temporary employment or volunteering) via our careers site.
Requirements to Volunteer
- Be 18 years of age or older
- If under 18 the volunteer must be working on a senior project
- Undergo an intake interview
- Complete an application packet
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide two references
- Successfully complete confidentiality training and sign a confidentiality agreement
- Complete a basic safety orientation
- Successfully complete medical clearances, including two-step TB testing; titer checks for rubella, rubeola, and hepatitis B; and a drug screen
- Demonstrate an ability to perform required job functions