Beginning Thursday, August 5, 2021, Jefferson Healthcare will implement a strict restriction to the visitation policy which significantly limits visitors into campus buildings. Currently, the community prevalence of COVID-19 is HIGH and we must ensure the safety of our facilities and our ability to care for as many patients as possible. Safety is our top priority during this time.
The revised visitation policy applies to all Jefferson Healthcare locations, departments, clinics, and vendors and includes accompanying a loved one or friend to an appointment except under special circumstances, defined below. The purpose of this temporary policy is to keep our patients, staff, and community safe from COVID-19 exposure. While we recognize the restrictions, the policy puts in place are inconvenient, we hope they will be accepted and complied within the spirit for which they are intended: to keep everyone safe and well.
Special circumstances are defined as:
- Patients who require a support person to assist in complex medical decision-making and support for serious illness, end of life, or obstetrical care.
- Minor patients may be accompanied by a caregiver at all times.
- Patients with altered mental status, developmental delay, or display disruptive behavior (where caregiver provides safety / is key to safe care delivery).
- Patients with disabilities are allowed one visitor that is knowledgeable about the needs of the person with a disability to serve as a designated support person.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to visit except for limited visitation in end-of-life circumstances.
- Adult patients seeking emergent care for themselves or another child may have minor children present until childcare arrangements can be made.
- There are exceptions for laboring women &, end of life care.
- For women seeking perinatal care, one visitor is permitted.
All patients and employees of Jefferson Healthcare continue to be universally temperature screens masked with hospital-issued masks and everyone is temperature screened before entering the buildings.